At Sympower B.V., business nr. 65605543, with registered address at Prins Hendrikkade 183, 1011TD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we take serious care of the privacy of our stakeholders. In compliance with GDPR legislation (which applies to our EU countries), we would like to give you an idea of which type of personal data we process and with what scope. Of course, the data which we collect from job applicants, employees, interns, and freelance consultants can vary according to their position (e.g., we only need your driver license number if you will use one of our lease cars!), but we can give you some examples of which data is collected and with what purpose:
- information you send when applying for a job (contact information, CV, letters of recommendation, etc). In case we decide not to proceed with your job application, we retain the above-mentioned data for 12 months should a similar role become vacant for which you will be a fitting candidate unless you object to the processing of your data;
- copy of your ID document/passport, which we are obliged to keep by law;
- contact information, including the contact information of the emergency contact people which you will supply us during your onboarding;
- bank account information;
- social security number or another national identification number;
- employment, performance, compensation, and benefits data (e.g., hire date, job title, position, supervisor, performance reviews, salary, bonus).
Purposes of collecting personal data include:
- determining eligibility for initial employment;
- if you are a freelance consultant, entering into a service agreement with you and performing all our obligations under that;
- administration of payroll and benefits;
- establishing training and/or development requirements;
- booking travel (e.g., in the event of international meetings, team days, conferences);
- having a contact point in the event of an emergency.
We do share some specific data with third parties when relevant to performing our obligations and we always ensure that these parties are also fully GDPR compliant. For example:
- your personal and salary data is shared with our salary administration platforms;
- your ID/passport + driving license details are shared with our car lease company, in case you are entitled to a lease car.
Compliant with the GDPR regulation, we will only retain the data we need for the time it’s required for. In principle, we will delete your personal data within 2 years after the termination of your contract with us (except for a copy of your ID, your wage tax information, and residence permit, which we are required by law to keep for 5 years, and tax documents that we are only allowed to delete after 7 years due to tax regulations).
You are always entitled to obtain from us information about how we process your personal data, as well as a copy of the personal data in our records. You also have the right to object to the processing, correct, update, or delete your personal data, as well as data portability of your personal data to a third party, and to report any misuse of your personal data. Our employees, interns, and freelance consultants can view, correct, and update their personal data on our HR platform.
For any questions, or if you wish to exercise your rights described above, you can contact our People OPS Expert Carmen Kloosterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that your personal data is not processed in accordance with privacy law, you can also lodge a complaint to the Dutch Supervisory Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens – https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/).